Flying Solo

DH went back to work yesterday, so it's just me and H. I am truly getting into the swing of being the sole parent while hubby is away. It took me awhile and we have had some terrible days and nights while DH hasn't been around, but overall I think I am doing well.

Sure my house may not be as clean and tidy as some and I'm not quite the domestic goodness I imagined I would be with home cooked meals every night and a steady supply of baked treats...but that's ok. It's not important. I'd much rather spend time with my beautiful boy. Housework can wait....the dust isn't going anywhere!

Today was a really good day. Took H to swimming lessons which he loves. He has so much fun splashing around and doesn't mind going under the water at all. It totally wears him out too as he usually falls asleep in the car on the way home and he sleeps for another hour or so once we are home. We spent the afternoon hanging around home. H is really getting his commando crawl on...he is so fast! This afternoon he wanted to be standing up all the time...so I spent a good portion of the afternoon keeping him steady while he played with an activity table I picked up second hand. He was also holding himself up trying to look over the back of the couch so he could see out the window...very cute. Tried something new for dinner...zucchini and pumpkin fritters. H loved them. Every time he finished what he had on his high chair tray he would scream until I handed him another piece of fritter. They were pretty tasty.

Not too much planned for the weekend. We are having a picnic on Sunday for fathers day with my parents and sister. I'm a little sad that DH doesn't get to be here for his first fathers day, but can't change that.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment