A Terrible Blogger

Again, its been awhile since my last post. Not that it really matters as I don't think I have many readers! This is more for me anyway.

Today I am 15w2d. Well into the 2nd trimester. Morning sickness seems to have eased (touch wood) but my energy has yet to return! My belly has definitely popped. I was comparing shots from last pregnancy with this belly and right now my belly is as big as my 22 week belly when I was pregnant with DS!!! Bit worried as to how big I will actually get this time round!

I have felt a few little flutters but it hasn't happened often, just a handful of times. Cannot wait for the movement to happen more regularly to put my mind at ease that everything is ok with Button.

Had the NT scan a few weeks ago. Hubby ended up not having to stay back at work (yay) so he made it to the scan. Was lovely to see Button again kicking and moving about. They were not very cooperative and it took the tech ages to get all the measurements. Didn't get any good pictures of bub either which I was a bit sad about. We have so many good ones from DS's scan-he was very well behaved. Also this bub had their legs tightly crossed the whole time..hope this doesn't continue as we really want to find out the sex.

Ob appointment revealed that I am low risk for downs and the other things they test for with the NT scan and blood work. Ob tried to take a look at the sex of bub but wasn't able to tell. Total opposite of DS! We knew from about 13/14 weeks with him..he always seemed to have his legs wide open for us to see that he was most definitely a boy! Hopefully our ob will be able to take a better look at our next appointment on the 17th December. Otherwise we will have to wait another few weeks for our morph scan! I really hope bub will cooperate at some stage.

Am still waiting for HR at work to get back to me. Called again this week and they still hadn't heard from the manager. Frustrating as I need to prepare myself (and DS) if I a, going back to work for a few months. Part of me hopes that I can't get more paid leave and I can just quit. It would make life easier in most respects (well except financially). Have worked out that mum will care for DS while I am at work if it does pan out that way. I only work 3 days so we can work my work days around hers (or vice versa). Makes me feel a lot better if I do have to leave him. Much rather he be with his Nanna than in a daycare centre. And then the weeks that hubby is home, he can care for him and give mum a break.

DS is almost 11 months old. I cannot believe he will be 1 in a little over a month!! Scary! I ordered his birthday party invitations last night. We are just having a small party in the park. Just family and close friends. Nice and simple. No point going over the top when he won't even remember it! I guess it's more for me than him at this stage! Will just have some morning tea and drinks, a cake and some balloons. Hopefully it won't be too hot.

And of course Christmas is rapidly approaching! I have started my shopping so hopefully will be done before it gets too crazy at the shops. When DH comes home next week we are going to take DS to get a photo with Santa (if he doesn't scream too much). I need to sort out some form of Christmas tree as ours is huge and I just know that DS will want to take all the decorations off and put them in his mouth! I'm thinking of doing something small that can sit on the dining room table out of reach of little hands. I've been trying to capture a photo of DS in his Christmas outfit for our Christmas cards with little success. He just won't stay still for long enough! I think it's a 2 person job...one to distract him and one to snap photos. I'm very close to giving up though!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comments:

  1. Definitely still reading here!
    Great to hear what you've been up. I can imagine Xmas trees with little people isn't a great mix. Hope your energy returns soon.

Post a Comment